Friday, 6 May 2016

Dying in the First Person : Nike Sulway

I am honoured and thrilled to have been asked to read at the lovely Nike Sulway's book launch tonight (6 May). The launch is at Avid Reader, West End, Brisbane, and you can get all the details here. I will be reading from my manuscript Sargasso, which was shortlisted for the Queensland Literary Awards last year, in the Unpublished Manuscript / Emerging Author category.  Part of being short-listed grants me the privilege of a mentor, who has gone over the manuscript with a fine toothcomb as they say. I am just grateful she has gone over it.  Anyway, I am working on the revisions, and the end is in sight.  Hooray.  

I have yet to read Nike's book, Dying in the First Person, but I am sooo looking forward to it.  You can be sure I will post a review.  Watch this space. 

And because I love the cover of the book so much, here's a preview.  Isn't it beautiful? 

And some words from the blurb (giving me goosebumps):

In gorgeous and incisive prose, Sulway conjures a haunting, moving story of the complex relationships and allegiances of family life, of silence and memory, and the power of words and the imagination to transform everything.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment