Sunday, 20 March 2016

Like I Can Love by Kim Lock


I don't often use this blog for book reviews, but every so often a book comes along that deserves some space and time.  This is one of those books.



Like I Can Love by Kim Lock is being released on March 22. I am honoured and privileged to know Kim, who lives in the Barossa Valley in South Australia, and it's a pleasure to introduce you to her novel. Kim and I, along with some other gorgeous people, were at the QWC / Hachette Manuscript Development Program in 2013.  And while I am still struggling to get publishers interested in my manuscript, she has had a dream run. Not only has Like I Can Love been snapped up here, but it's being translated and will be sold in Germany.  Kim has tackled the subject of domestic violence, but she's done it with a great deal of tact, professionalism and some beautiful writing. How would you feel if you discovered your best friend was being not so much physically abused by her husband, as manipulated and belittled? What would you do, what would you say? Would you indeed do anything? The blurb on the back of Like I Can Love says it is both heartbreaking and terrifying, and I urge you to read it. It's a topic that deserves our full attention. 






No comments:

Post a Comment